How does your individual web project help your students extensive readindg? How can you use your collection for real teaching?
I collected the web resources according to topics from seven chapters of the textbooks. I tried to provide students many kinds of interesting reading materials. Also, I wanted to offer further informaion about the topics which appear in the textbook. I thought that the colloection should consist of something interesting to help students extensive reading, so I tried to search reading materials which students are not familiar with but are interesting. I thought that students might feel difficulties to search English website and not have enough opportunity to read something in English outside classroom. As providing my collection, I believe that they would become familiar with English websites and have more chances of extensive reading.
I would like to use my collection not only for extensive reading but also for extra classroom activities to encourage students read them. For example, the first category, fairy tales, I would give students an assignment to write impressions after they read one of the stories. Also students would have a variety of choices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment